The future of North Texas Water Resources will be put in the spotlight this Friday at the DFW Airport Marriott. The North Texas Water Summit is being hosted by the North Texas Commission. The event begins at 8 a.m. and runs through 1 p.m. Some of the scheduled speakers for the event include:
- Kelly Hancock, Senator (SD-9)
- Eric Johnson, State Representative (HD-100)
- Heather Harward, Executive Director, H2O4Texas
- Lewis McMahan, Board Member, Dallas Region, Texas Water Development Board
- Jonathan Radtke, North America Water Resource Manager, Coca-Cola Refreshments
The Texas Water Board predicts that in the next 50 years, state-wide water demand will increase 22 percent and existing water supplies will reduce by 10 percent. According to the North Texas Commission website, the water shortage could cost the Texas economy as much as $116 Billion and 1.1 million jobs.
The summit will address the 2012 State Water Plan, as well as, funding the plan. For more information on the North Texas Water Summit, visit the North Texas Commission website at www.ntc-dfw.org/summit .