Brunch has become a great Sunday activity throughout the Brandywine Valley and Delaware. Restaurants and Inns have begun creating fantastic menus to entice families to come in to their establishments. Veterans groups and Church Groups have also jumped on the bandwagon, providing great breakfast menus for their members.
Items for a great menu include staples like eggs, sausage, bacon and hash browns. Another tasty item is pastries and tea breads. Fall brunch breads include pumpkin bread, banana bread, and zucchini bread; all warm and very tasty with a bit of honey butter to increase the flavors. Here is a scrumptious banana bread recipe that will be on the fall menu at Delaware Veterans Sunday Jazz Brunch starting on September 29, 2013.
Banana Bread with Honey Butter
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 350F. Prepare 2 mini loaf pans with butter and flour.
2. Mash 3 bananas in a medium bowl. Mix in the honey, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In a larger bowl, stir tighter the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add nuts if you wish.
4. Blend the two mixtures in the larger bowl. Spoon mixture into the two prepared mini loaf pans.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until center is set.