French dressing is a favorite flavor for many children and adults alike. The odd rustic red coloring brightens up all the veggies in a salad with a vibrant taste that is completely different from all the other salad dressings around. Ketchup and paprika bring out the special hue and adds that zing when combined with all the other flavorful ingredients. Try some homemade French dressing today and skip that section at the grocery store and cash in on the savings for something else you have wanted to taste test.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1//2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- Put all ingredients in bowl and mix with a hand mixer.
- Store in air tight containers and keep refrigerated.
- Never leave dressing out too long, overnight or in direct sun. Dressings contain mayonnaise and they will spoil if left out.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: