On February 19, 2013, world-renowned actress and L’Oreal Paris spokeswoman Freida Pinto hosted the Vanity Fair and L’Oreal Paris “DJ Night” pre-Oscars party. The event was held in support of “10x10” and “Girl Rising.” Pinto has appeared in a number of films, and has garnered the world’s attention as a spokeswoman for the phenomenal brand. Below are tips on how to recreate the star’s stunning hair and makeup look from the event.
TO RECREATE FREIDA’S HAIR:
Hair Stylist: Robert Steinken
Inspiration: “After seeing Freida’s dress, I was inspired to create a hairstyle that would go along with the modern graphic lines and colors and complement her natural beauty and defined neckline. I decided to keep her hairstyle young and effortless yet stylish and chic, by sweeping her hair up into a high ponytail with soft side-swept bangs.”
· Robert started with damp hair and applied the L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Boosting Mousse ($6.99) all the way to the ends of Freida’s hair
· To create extra lift and volume, he also applied L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Root Lifting Spray ($6.99) to the root, the crown and the bang areas
· Robert proceeded to blow-dry Frieda’s hair with an extra large round brush, section by section until her entire head was dry
· He then parted her hair to the side and with a large barrel curling iron, sectioned the hair and curled it, loosely pinning each section with a roller pin; after letting the sections cool, he gently brushed out Freida’s hair
· To add shine, he applied two pumps of L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment ($12.99) on the shaft and to ends of her hair
· Robert then pulled Freida’s hair up into a loose, high ponytail and wrapped a small section around the band to hide the hair elastic
· He used a generous amount of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Strong Hold Hairspray ($14.99) to secure and finish the look
TO RECREATE FREIDA’S MAKEUP:
· Apply L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume Mascara in Black Smoke ($7.95) to lashes
· Create a smoky lid with L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shadow Quad in Perfume ID ($7.95)
· Add definition to eyes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black ($8.95)
· Smooth L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Berry Lift ($12.95) onto the apples of cheeks
· Add a glossy pop of pink to lips with L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After ($9.99)
Be sure to tune in to watch the Academy Awards this Sunday, February 24 which will take place in Los Angeles, California.
For further details on the incredible L’Oreal Paris collection of products, please visit the brand’s official website.