The biggest weekend of the summer is here and with it comes freebies, giveaways and discounts. Here are just some of the special holiday promotions you can enjoy:
- Michigan’s Adventure will give a free pass to military personnel on July 3 and July 4, 2014. Anyone in any branch of the armed forces, National Guard, or Reserve can get the pass with their military ID. They can also receive up to 6 addition tickets for family members at a discounted price.
- Outback Steakhouses is giving away free bloomin’ onions to anyone that makes a purchase of any kind and says the word “freedom”. This is only on the Fourth of July as an apparent attempt to lure people from the picnic grounds. This promotion is open to all customers, military or otherwise.
- Travel Centers of America and Petro Truck Stops is giving veterans, active military and reservists a free meal at more than 170 Participating Iron Skillet, Country Pride and other full-service restaurants within TA and Petro Shopping Locations on July 4th.
- White House Down is being shown at many AMC, Cinemark, and Regal Entertainment theaters. Those with current military IDs will be given free admission at participating locations.
Although these items are not free they are significant discounts available on Independence Day.
- Boston Market is offering half off a family meal purchase at participating Boston Market Restaurants on July 4th using this coupon or promo code 34533.
- Home Depot is offering a 10% discount on July 4th when you present a DoD-issued ID, a DD214, or a veteran’s driver license.
- Logan’s Roadhouse is having a buy one, get one sale on entrees on the 4th when you use this coupon. The discount is capped at $12.
- Lowes is also offering s 10% discount to active, reserved or retired military personnel on July 4th when presented with a proper ID.
Books that will save you money
“The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
“How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
“How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you
Get coupons at coupons.com.
Get a free e-reader for use on any tablet, Apple, or PC.
Get a free trail for thousands of movies and TV programs at Amazon Prime.
Information about the economic culture.
Amazon also has a baby registry that offers great savings. Click here to review.
Daily specials from Amazon.com in what they call the GoldBox.