Now is the time for spring cleaning.
Residents of unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County can drop off up to one ton of trash free of charge this Saturday, April 12 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Lancaster Landfill and Recycling Center located at 600 E. Avenue F.
“Spring is in the air and this is a great time of the year for residents to start their spring cleaning and take advantage of the annual free landfill day,” said Nicole Stetson, District Manager for Lancaster Landfill and Recycling Center. “We are committed to help keep our local communities clean by offering this free landfill service to our neighbors.”
Residents can bring up to one ton of trash, which includes residential waste, yard waste, construction and demolition debris, and bulky items free of charge.
To help minimize delays, Waste Management requests that visitors to the landfill follow these guidelines:
• Be ready with valid identification to show proof of residency to cashier.
• All loads must be tarped pursuant to California State Law.
• All loads are subject to inspection.
• All contractor and commercial vehicles are subject to applicable rates unless prior arrangements have been made.
• Commercial vehicle and tractor tires subject to standard gate rate fees.
PLEASE NOTE: Household hazardous waste and commercial waste will not be accepted. Please click for a full list of non-acceptable items and information where these items can be properly disposed. For more information call (661) 947-7197 or visit our website