Celebrate the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. on January 18th several ways here in the Indianapolis area.
- Conner Prairie has free admission on 1/18 and will be celebrating with crafts, projects and storytelling. You can also donate a non-perishable item to Third Phase of Noblesville while you are there and help out someone in need.
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis has free admission on 1/18.
- Receive free admission at The Indianapolis Zoo and the Indiana State Museum by bringing a canned food item to donate to Gleaners Food Bank. There is one free admission with each can of food donated.
If this holiday finds you and your family indoors, here are some craft ideas to keep your kids entertained and still learning!
- Make and put on a puppet show with Freedom Friends Puppets. This is a great way to embrace diversity!
- Go to the library and check out some books about Martin Luther King Jr. My Dream of Martin Luther King by Faith Ringold is a good choice.
- Print out these coloring pages of famous African Americans and discuss each person's significance with your kids.
Remember to have fun on this long weekend, and take some time to reflect on the life and the purpose that Martin Luther King Jr. had. Enjoy!