Free shipping day on Dec. 18, 2013, presents the perfect opportunity for those of you who have not completed your Christmas shopping.
Like Christmas, free shipping day comes only once per year. The video at the left side of the page demonstrates several ways to make the most out of this unofficial holiday.
- Be prepared. Don't forget to prepare a shopping list beforehand, and make sure you have your credit card handy.
- Be aware. Know when merchants are participating in free shipping day. Dec. 18, 2013 marks free shipping day this year. Mark your calendar accordingly.
- Check the fine print. Free shipping is typically not available for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii or United States territories.
- Go to Freeshippingday.com. This website is your resource for free shipping day Dec. 18, 2013. It lists all the retailers that are participating in this year's event.
- Be flexible. After comparing your shopping list with the available retailers, be prepared to make substitutions when necessary to take advantage of the benefits of free shipping day. The final list of retailers will be available at midnight on Dec. 18.
- Be good to yourself. With the money you save on shipping, you can treat yourself to something new, too.
- Don't forget. You can sign up for an email reminder so that you won't forget free shipping day Dec. 18. Go to Freeshippingday.com to sign up.