In 2012, more than 116,000 homeowners appealed their property taxes in New Jersey – the highest in more than two decades – and nearly 70% ended in either a revised assessment or were settled out of court.
This seminar –- hosted by Peter Jordan of Prudential New Jersey Properties -- will help you determine if your property value is overassessed and explain exactly what you need to know in order to successfully challenge your assessment in your township.
Topics will include:
• How individual property assessments and taxes are calculated
• Rules for determining if you have a winnable case
• How to choose the best comparable sales to defend your value
• Common pitfalls and problems that can lead to a permanent dismissal of your case – and how to avoid them!
Special guest speakers:
Real Estate Appraiser & Consultant (PAI Appraisers)
Real Estate Tax Attorney
* In appreciation for attending, each homeowner will receive a free, complimentary assessment of their current eligibility for a tax appeal.
When: Wednesday, October 9thth, 7:00-8:30PM
Where: Greater Union County Association Of Realtors
767 Central Avenue (2nd Floor)
Westfield, New Jersey
Limited seating. Reservations required. Register online (only) @ njpropertytaxappeal.net.