Give yourself a great Valentine’s Day gift by blending some healthy foods together into a glass. This free recipe entitles you to the secret making of a Red Pepper Love smoothie.
Red Pepper Love Smoothie
February is a great time to consider natural sugar alternatives and a conscientious diet rich in nutrients to help reverse existing cardiovascular damage and fight buildup of harmful plaque on your heart. Although cardiovascular disease hinges on several factors including genetics and age, it is never too late to start considering your ticker.
Remember, that extracting whole, organic foods into a nutritious smoothie, turns your heart healthy foods into a maximum absorption food source for the body!
Directions for a Red Pepper Love Smoothie:
Add the following ingredients, in the order provided, to your blender or extractor.
Blend to desired consistency:
1 orange, peel discarded
½ red bell pepper
10 raw cashews
10 walnut halves
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 handfuls *kale (optional)
4-5 ice-cubes (optional)
• Add water (or coconut water) to achieve desired consistency.
• By adding*dark, leafy green vegetables that are high in fiber, your fruit smoothie becomes an excellent source for the relief of constipation or hemorrhoids.
• CAUTION: If you are experiencing an agitated digestive system, the fiber content in whole fruits and vegetables may add further stress. However, by extracting plant foods it can aid in replenishing nutrients lost in diarrhea while making it easier for your body to break down the food sources and absorb them quickly.
• Soluble fiber (once in the intestines) slows the absorption of sugars in the blood – allowing the body to feel full and limiting insulin spikes.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• For additional information or more heart healthy foods, click on the link in this sentence.
• Learn more about the benefits of fiber by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.