Considering gifts for kids this Valentine’s Day? See the free recipe below that entitles you to the secret making of a Sweet Hazel smoothie!
February is the perfect time to consider natural sugar alternatives and a conscientious diet rich in nutrients to help reverse existing cardiovascular damage and fight buildup of harmful plaque on your heart.
Directions for a Sweet Hazel Smoothie:
Add the following ingredients, in the order provided, to your blender or extractor.
Blend to desired consistency:
1 frozen banana
½ cup frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons raw *cacao
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 handfuls *mixed greens or spinach (optional)
4-5 ice-cubes (optional)
• Add water (or coconut water) to achieve desired consistency.
• By adding*dark, leafy greens, your fruit smoothie becomes high in fiber.
• Soluble fiber (once in the intestines) slows the absorption of sugars in the blood – allowing the body to feel full and limiting insulin spikes.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• Learn more about the health benefits of raw *cacao by clicking on the link in this sentence.
• For additional information or more heart healthy foods, click on the link in this sentence.
• Learn more about the benefits of fiber by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.