Introductory Parenting Class
Are you dealing with temper tantrums, sleep issues, aggressive behaviors?
Do you feel like traditional parenting methods seem to work but then fail? Tired of yelling, screaming and demanding?
There is another way!
This one-hour introduction to a groundbreaking approach to parenting will dramatically affect the way you view your role as parent and give you a new framework for discipline.
Learn how you can teach your child to self-regulate his or her emotions AND build emotional intelligence, which will lay the foundation for future success, without punishments, praise or rewards.
This introductory course will:
- Outline the philosophy of conscious parenting.
- Compare the dominant and conscious paradigms.
- Dispel myths that associate this philosophy with “permissive” parenting.
- Teach parents how and why negative behavior arises.
- Show parents how traditional parenting can impede healthy brain development.
- Give parents real tools for implementing change in their family.
WHAT: Introduction to Conscious Parenting
WHEN: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2009 @ 11am
WHERE: Rose Scharlin Cooperative Preschool,
2414 Lake View Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90039
Facilitated by: Lori Petro, BSEd.
RSVP is required. Space is limited.
*Seminar is complimentary, donations accepted.
Lori is a mom, writer, child advocate and certified parent educator. She is the founder of TEACH through Love, an organization dedicated to promoting nonviolent communication and conscious parenting for progressive parents.