Cupids, chocolates and hearts are popular February themes, and assignments decorated with these motifs will add festivity to your child's schoolwork. Many free Valentine's Day math worksheets are available online, so print a few that correspond with your child's current math level. Your child will enjoy the fun twist that a Valentine's Day theme adds to his typical math practice.
- Granny Goes to School has a free pink and red Roll and Chart game for practicing addition skills.
- Math-Drills has Valentine's Day worksheets that cover a variety of skills, including patterns, addition and multiplication.
- Kidzone's Valentine's Day math pages are designed for students in grades one through five.
- School Family has free printables for practicing number recognition, addition and multiplication.
- ABC Teach has a free hundreds chart featuring hearts. They also have heart-themed multiplication pages. Some worksheets from this site require a subscription, but many are free for anyone.
- Animal Jr. has a color-by-number sheet that emphasizes fraction skills and a Valentine's Day order of operations page.
- Super Teacher offers a free addition worksheet; when the page is complete, students will have colored a festive picture of hearts. Other worksheets on this site are available to members only.
- Education.com has a cute printable in which children add up the number of candy kisses, and an introductory subtraction worksheet featuring Valentine's Day images. These are only a few of the many Valentine's Day pages available from Education.com; a free membership is required to print the worksheets from this site.
Illinois education law requires that homeschooling parents provide instruction in mathematics for their children, and Valentine's Day is an excellent opportunity add an element of fun to that instruction. As you get ready for the holiday, choose a few of these love-themed activities to use with your students. The fun aspects of these free printables will encourage your children to practice their math skills with enthusiasm.