Author and local historian, Ray Johnson, will be at Horrorbles in Berwyn, IL on Sunday, December 11, 2011 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm for a free lecture and discussion on the spookier side of Chicago during the Holiday season.
Topics of discussion include:
- Resurrection Mary (the vanishing hitchhiker of the southwest side)
- The unsolved murders of Barbara and Patricia Grimes
- The haunted Mill Theater and Scene Shop at Elmhurst College
- The lore of the Rouse Simmons, Chicago's Christmas Tree Ship
- The Iroquois Theater disaster of 1903
Ray will have copies of his book, Chicago's Haunt Detective, available for sale and signing as well as limited edition prints of Resurrection Mary's Funeral Record.
It's one way to get out of the cold but still be able to shiver!