Easter is approaching and many local organizations and churches will be hosting Easter egg hunts that are free and open to the public. The only requirement is for children to bring a basket (or bag) to put their candy in.
Coming up in the next few weeks:
- Wink 104, Karn’s, and Hershey’s Chocolate World will once again host the Easter Candy Scramble for children ages 8 and under. Taking place on the HACC Harrisburg main campus at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2013 this event requires a ticket to attend. Tickets may be picked up at the customer service desks at Karns Food Stores in Lemoyne, Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, Boiling Springs, Middletown, New Bloomfield, and Hershey. This event will be held rain or shine.
- The Lemoyne Ministerium will host an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. at Memorial Park in Lemoyne. Sign up will be in the pavilion. The event will begin with a Resurrection egg followed by the hunt. In addition there will be crafts and games as well as a snack after the hunt. Parents of tiny ones will be happy to know that there will be an area for children ages 0-2 which is an age group not always included in egg hunts. The Lemoyne Ministerium is comprised of Grace United Methodist Church, Calvary United Methodist Church, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, First Christian Church, Cornerstone Fellowship of Wormleysburg, and Liberti Church. For additional information please call Grace United Methodist Church at (717) 763-7632.
- For a twist on the egg hunt the Borough of Wormleysburg is hosting an Easter Egg Flashlight Hunt at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2013 for children 12 and under. The hunt will take place at the North Second Street Park. Children need to bring a flashlight in addition to their basket. In the event of rain the egg hunt will be held Sunday, March 24, at 2:00 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Wormleysburg Recreation Board.
- On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 2 p.m. the egg hunt festivities begin at Fort Hunter Park in Harrisburg for children 9 and under. Dauphin County Parks and Recreation are once again holding their egg hunts from 2-5 p.m. In addition to the egg hunts there will also be face painting, pony rides and children’s activities sponsored by the Dauphin County Drug and Alcohol Services. The egg hunt schedule is as follows:
- 2:30 p.m. is for ages 2-3 yrs. old
- 2:45 p.m. is for ages 4-5 yrs. old
- 3:00 p.m. is for ages 6-7 yrs. old
- 3:15 p.m. is for ages 8-9 yrs. old
- The following week on Saturday, March 30, 2013 the Capital Area Christian Church-Lamb’s Gap Campus will host their Egg-A-Rama. For those who have never been, this event is huge! Different age groups hunt in different areas and volunteers work tirelessly preparing for this. Last year there were over 40,000 eggs! Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. for children ages 2-12. In addition to the egg hunts there are also crafts, snacks, and a magic show courtesy of Brett Myers of BAM Magic. Brett will also be performing on Easter Sunday at the Lamb’s Gap campus. His magic show incorporates the gospel with magic. For additional information please call (717) 732-1882.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new Harrisburg Frugal Family articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above. Follow your Harrisburg Frugal Family Examiner on Facebook , Pinterest, MySpace, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Twitter.