Spring is upon us once again, and it is time to recover from being cooped up in the house for winter. As we all know spring is a time to clean. Whether it is cleaning our houses, our gardens, or our garages, let’s not forget to take time to have some good old fashioned fun. Break out your bike folks and take advantage of some of our excellent parks available to us in the Lexington/Danville area for some outdoor fun. Here are some parks in our area that are definitely worth checking out.
- Millennium Park. 1000 Cunningham Way, Danville, KY 40422. Offers playground, shelters, pond, fishing, walking trails, dog walk, basketball goals, baseball fields, soccer fields, football fields, and a skate park.
- Logan Hubble Park. P.O. Box 95., Stanford, KY 40484. Offers fishing, shelters, trails, playground, volleyball, and horse trails.
- Anderson Dean. 1501 Louisville Rd., Harrodsburg, KY 40330. Offers walking trails, swimming pool, shelters, baseball fields, soccer fields, and volleyball fields.
- Masterson Station. 3051 Leestown Rd., Lexington, KY 40511. Offers dog park, in-line hockey, playground, shelters, walking trails, volleyball, football, and soccer fields.
- Woodland Park. 601 E. High St., Lexington, KY 40502. Offers swimming pool, basketball, baseball, tennis courts, shelters, and a skate park.
- Jacobson Park. 4001 Athens Boonsboro Rd., Lexington, KY 40511. Offers Fishing, playground, shelter, walking trails, volleyball, basketball, and a dog park.
So now that you know a few places where you can go for some free outdoor fun, get out there and start playing.