The entire Disney fan community thinks so, and they're excited!
UPDATE! The 'Free Disney Dining Plan' for Walt Disney World was introduced on Friday, May 2nd. Reservations are now being taken through early August for September through December visits. An easy to follow chart for available dates is available here.
Approximately twice a year, Walt Disney World offers a promotion that includes the 'Disney Dining Plan' free when clients book their vacations. Basically this means that meals are included when you purchase your combination of a room and park tickets. For the last week or so, rumors have been flying around Disney fan sites that this promotion is about to happen again. At this point it is entirely speculation, but dates ARE beginning to surface which may tell us more. (With all dates being speculative, we encourage you to NOT make formal plans until when or if this is formally announced.)
OK, so here's what we know (or suspect), so far.
- The 'Free Disney Dining' promotion could be introduced as early as this Thursday, or perhaps as late as Monday the 5th. Disney Visa holders will get first dibs on booking for a period of approximately a week.
- Qualified dates included will be all of September, a few days in early and toward the end of October, a two week stretch in November, and possibly ten days right before Christmas. (Although it appears much of October is blocked out, there are still plenty of dates to get your 'Food & Wine Festival' fix in.)
- To get 'Free Disney Dining', you'll be required to book a minimum of 3 nights, with a maximum of 14.
- Each person in the party must also have a two day minimum park ticket included.
- Bookings for 'Free Disney Dining' will conclude in mid September.
Most resorts will be available, although some room types may be limited.
If you book into a 'Value Resort', you'll get the 'Quick Service Plan' included. (Consists of 2 Quick-Service meals and a snack)
For 'Moderate Resorts' and above, expect the 'Regular Dining Plan'. (One Table-Service meal, 1 Quick-Service Meal and a snack)
Upgrades are usually available from 'Quick Service' to the 'Regular Dining' plans for about $20 per day per person.
Hopefully we'll know for sure soon, but until we do, it's great fun to speculate about your next great 'Disney adventure'! If you're thinking about a trip, you can download an FAQ in either PDF or audio book form here.
Can't wait to write the NEXT article, confirming that 'Free Disney Dining' is once again, "on the table"!