Free Laughter Yoga Classes are offered in Charlotte that boost health and happiness. Researchers have explored the benefits of Laughter Yoga, finding that laughter can lower blood pressure, help with weight loss, and improve symptoms of congestive heart failure and lower stress levels.
The American School of Laughter Yoga has compiled over 350 research papers showing how laughter benefits health and well-being.
Free Charlotte Laughter Yoga Classes are offered every other week at 1501, Euclid Avenue at the Parks and Recreation Center and facilitated by Yogi Ranjit. Laughter Yoga can benefit all fitness levels, making it an ideal activity for just about anyone. The next meetup is July 10.
Here is what you can expect when you attend a free Charlotte Laughter Yoga Class:
• High energy activity that you can pace depending on your own fitness level.
• Laughter that even if forced initially becomes contagious.
• No difficult postures associated with what you might think come with Yoga (see the video below).
• The experience of meeting Yogi Ranjit, one of Charlotte NC’s “gifts”.
• Meet new friends.
• A “take anywhere” exercise routine for life.
Some of the documented health effects of Laughter Yoga include:
• Increased endorphin levels to lower stress.
• Weight loss.
• Lower blood pressure.
• Improved facial tone that can lead to a more youthful appearance.
• Reduced risk of heart attack.
• Decreased symptoms of depression
• Increased immunity.
• Improved respiratory function.
• Decreased pain
Charlotte Laughter Yoga was first introduced November 2009. The group is reatively new and gaining momentum. Evidence is mounting that Laughter Yoga is no joke and confers genuine health benefits. Laughter has even been shown to benefit patients with COPD.
You can RSVP for a free Charlotte Laughter Yoga class here and also read testimonials. Though the class is free, donations are welcome. I hope to see you there!