Huzzah! Frazier International History Museum in Louisville has scheduled a Homeschool Day on Tuesday, April 6 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Admission is $6 per person including general admission and kids 5 and under are free. There will be interactive activities, live performances, and explorations, as well as hand-on workshops.
Some of the main events include:
- Discovering 11th to 20th century arms and armor from their Royal Armouries collection
- Watching live sword demonstrations
- Seeing a knight as he dresses in armor
- Trying on reproduction helmets
- Making brass rubbings
Optional hands-on Workshops are an additional $2 per child, per workshop, and include:
- The Science of Catapults, 11-11:45 p.m. (Grades 4 & up): use household items to build a catapult
- Step Back in Time to the Middle Ages, 12-12:45 & 3-3:45 p.m. (K-8): music, games, and activities
- The Art of Heraldry, 2-2:45 p.m. (Grades 3-8): create tournament flags
Click here for their homeschool flier.