Is Chicago ready for Frankenfood? The Spike television show is traveling to Chicago to offer some of these unusual food creations. Frankenfood is defined as revolutionary culinary creations that mash up original and unexpected food combinations. Like the term, the Spike television series is a food competition that focuses on these creative culinary bites.
To celebrate the launch of the television show, Spike television will be traveling around Chicago in food trucks to offer free Frankenfood bites. The limited menu will feature the tasty, yet unique creations.
- Fruity Pebbles Chicken Tenders, with Tamarind orange sauce
- Spam Sushi - seaweed wrapped sushi roll with rice crispy treat, seared Spam and plantain puree inside.
- Braised Pork Belly S'mores - pork belly covered in Guiness and chocolate with cayenne and paprika dusted marshmallow
- Fried Slim Jim Mac N Cheese Balls - Frank's Red Hot Cheese Sauce
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Eclairs - chocolate eclair bun with Cheez-it puree topping
Frankenfood is partnering with Roaming Hunger for this promotion. Roaming Hunger is the ultimate food truck authority and tracks the locations for more than 4500 food trucks nationwide via their app. To read more about food truck trends and their promotions, please visit the Roaming Hunger website at www.roaminghunger.com.
The Frankenfoods food trucks will be serving up these bites at the following locations.
- Wednesday 10:30 am - 2 pm: CTA - Stop Randolf/Wabash: 151 N. Wabash Ave
- Thursday: 2:30 pm -6pm: Madison Street: 70 West Madison St
- Friday: 6:30 am - 10:30am: Ogilvie Train Station: 500 W Madison St