Frank Ocean has apparently had a change of heart and won’t press criminal charges against Chris Brown for attacking him in a West Hollywood recording studio parking lot last Sunday, according to The L.A. Times yesterday. The fight apparently broke out over a parking spot and quickly grew into a six man brawl. That evening, Frank Ocean tweeted, “got jumped by chris and a couple guys.…”. On Monday, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore indicated Chris Brown had been named as a suspect in a battery report, and that Ocean was “desirous of prosecution”.
Frank Ocean posted a brief message to his Tumblr account Saturday that said, “As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man I am not a killer.
“I’ll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace”, he wrote.
TMZ reported just after the incident that Chris Brown threw the first punch at Frank Ocean after Frank disrespected Brown by refusing to shake his hand. The fight broke out in the parking lot of the Westlake Recording Studios in L.A. Sunday according to witnesses on the scene.
The fight quickly moved to the lobby of the studio where sources say the brawling posses demolished the place. “They managed to break almost everything in the room and scare all of the staff members working”, said a witness.
A receptionist called 911, and Chris took off. Frank waited for the cops, and initial reports were that the 25 year-old singer was intent on pressing charges against 23 year-old Chris Brown.
Apparently the parking situation at the recording studio is a serious hierarchy, with the bigger artists taking the better spots. We're told Chris clearly felt he deserved the top spot, and Frank disrespected him by taking it for himself.
The two R&B artists are both up for Grammy Awards on Feb. 10, where Frank Ocean is also set to perform.