In September, he befriended a rabbi.
He was caught dressing down, so he could sneak out and help the poor.
He's gone on record as totally disregarding old wore-out Church dogma regarding abortion and gay marriage
All this and more has earned him the distinction of the world's best pope ever!
He's stood up against the capitalistic system that has ran roughshod over the world's poorest countries and nearly bankrupt the others.
And you've got to love a guy who was “visibly amused when the child stayed on the stage instead of returning to his seat on the steps” during a public appearance by the pope.
Here's an article that explains exactly how Pope Francis became Time's person of the year. It pictures him kissing the feet of 12 prisoners and innumerates the virtues of the pope in the following areas:
1. Unprecedented Outreach
2. Rejection of Pomp and Grandeur
3. World Youth Day and His Appeal to the Young
4. Welcoming Attitude Towards LGBT People
5. A Human Touch And Pastoral Approach
6. Denouncements Of Economic Inequality And War
7. Landmark Statement About Atheists
8. Care For The Poor And Sick
9. Cracking Down On Corruption And Sex Abuse With New Reforms
Finally, it also describes how Pope Francis has gained Global Popularity and “captured the hearts of the world in an unprecedented and surprising way with his genuine acts of kindness, loving statements, accepting attitude, and commitment to reform.”
He hasn't been reported to be seen walking on water yet, but his social comments and actions this past year have been just as miraculous!