Over on Linkedin, senior editor Francesca Levy, knows that a book will always make for a great gift, but as seh observed, "they’re even more meaningful with a story behind them."
Linkedin has put together a list of pivotal reads that the LinkedIn community recommended. Linkedin looked across their network for the books that members talked about the most, and the books with which members were most engaged. In this slide show will be the top ten books that LinkedIn members and Influencers say changed their lives.
"One book resonated particularly loudly with the LinkedIn network: Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Lincoln biography “Team of Rivals,” which Influencers Giovanni Colella, CEO of Castlight Health, and Phyllis Wise, Chancellor of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, both say made a profound difference in who they are as professionals. LinkedIn member Patricia Sullivan-Taylor agreed, responding:
"Rather than attempt to ignore his weaknesses, he chose to place people around him that were a good complement to his skills. I've discovered this is both a good rule for business and marriage."
LIST OF BOOKS:
1. "Mandela's Way: Lessons on Life, Love, and Courage" by Richard Stengel
2. “The 7 Habits of highly Effective People” Stephen R. Covey
3. “The Alchemist” Paolo Coelho
4. “How to Win Friends and Influence People” Dale Carnegie
5. “Atlas Shrugged” Ayn Rand
6. “Les Miserables” Victor Hugo
7. “As a Man Thinketh” James Allen
8. "The Bible" Upfor Debate
9. “Think and Grow Rich” Napoleon Hill
10. "Team of Rivals" Doris Kearns Goodwin