One thing Jacksonville does well is celebrate. Where do you take the family to watch fireworks or celebrate Fourth of July festivities? If you are asking yourself that question this week we are going to help you out with this list of family friendly events on the First Coast. Where ever you decide to spend the day we wish you a safe and happy holiday.
- Over the St.Johns River at 9:45 PM Fireworks can be viewed from both the North and South Banks of the River. There weill be two barges shooting off fireworks one facing the Jacksonville Landing and the other facing the Main Street Bridge.
- Amelia Island fireworks will be on the waterfront at 9:30 PM Check out the website to find out more about the festivities in Fernandina.
- Jacksonville Beach - Fireworks will be shot from the pier at 9PM
- Orange Park Mall Freedom Fest - A day of fun at the mall and a fireworks finale at 9PM.
- Fireworks over the Mantanzas - there is something said for traditions and this one is a local favorite. Also, a bit magical watching the fireworks exploding over the Castillo de San Marcos. Fireworks will be shot at 9:30 PM.
Now if your looking for something besides fireworks there are a lot of activities going all weekend long. I know my kiddo is not much of fireworks guy yet it is past his bedtime. It's fun to have something for the family during the day.
- River Ruckus- showing off the fun families can have on the river. This event is going strong all day long July 5th 10 am - 9PM. Head to the website to find out more info. on the family fun.http://riversideartsmarket.com/upcoming-events/.
- Cosmic Concerts at MOSH - this fun begins at 7PM. Admission is $5 + $1 if you want laser glasses. Great for the kiddos. MOSH is also having a special $4 admission for the day .
- . Jacksonville Zoo - Buy one get one FREE all weekend long