Parents are an important part of the transition process. That is why it is important to bring together parents and professionals for the best interest of the youth. I am honored to be part of the transition process of this wonderful event coming in April to Berks.
Wednesday April 9 2014, 4pm-8pm
Reading Area Community College, 10 South Second Street Reading, PA 19603 Schmidt Training and Technology Center, Room 120
Participants may park for free in the Parking Garage at 2nd St and Front Street
On the map linked above, the Parking Garage is #9 and the Schmidt TTC is #16
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A PARENT YOUTH PROFESSIONAL FORUM
The Department of Health’s Special Kids Network, in partnership with the PA Elks Home Service Program, will host a free Parent Youth Professional Forum (PYPF).
• Serve as a gathering place for youth and families of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and disabilities, community service providers, and other stakeholders
• Provide opportunities to discuss overarching issues that concern all children and youth with special health care needs and disabilities
• Include time to network with others
• Seek to increase awareness of and access to comprehensive information about services and programs for CYSHCN and disabilities
Open to everyone: It is never too early to plan for your child’s future
LEARNING, LIVING, WORKING AND SELF-DETERMINATION
• Come hear the journey of parents and youth preparing for their transition thru school to life.
• Come hear about the agencies in your area and in the state that can help you.
• Come and ask questions to a panel of experts who can assist with navigating the many systems of funding, waivers, college, social security and ticket to work, office of vocational rehabilitation
Please contact Diane Perry by Monday, April 7, 2014 if you plan to attend. LIVESTREAMING will be available, if you cannot make it in person. Please indicate to Diane if you will be attending in person or would like the instructions for watching live on your computer
Reimbursement to Families and Youth is available for travel and childcare. Light Dinner Provided
Phone: 814-270-5618 Fax: 888-235-7245 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org