Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Fort Worth vet 'House of Horrors' faces new million dollar lawsuit

A second lawsuit has been filed after a woman found out her Chihuahua had not been euthanized and had been kept alive for experiments.
A second lawsuit has been filed after a woman found out her Chihuahua had not been euthanized and had been kept alive for experiments.
Fort Worth booking photo

Dr. Millard "Lou" Tierce, the Fort Worth veterinarian whose license has been suspended while a full investigation continues for keeping animals alive after owners ordered their ailing animals to be humanely euthanized, now faces another lawsuit reported the Star Telegram.

On Monday morning, a million dollar lawsuit was filed against Dr. Tierce, on behalf of Kimberly Traye Davis for her 12-year-old Chihuahua named Hercules who was recovered from the raid on April 29 at the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic. Davis had been told Hercules had been humanely euthanized four and a half months earlier.

“She had gone through the grieving process and accepted that her little Hercules was gone. When she received that call, the whole nightmare was resurrected,” stated Randy Turner, the attorney for Davis.

The lawsuit alleges that Hercules had been used in experiments; on one occasion it was reported the tiny pooch was left "under a heat lamp so long his eyeballs had dried up."

The dog's tragic story began in late November 2013 when the Chihuahua was having trouble walking. Davis brought her dog to Dr. Tierce for a second opinion. He told her the dog had hydrocephalus, and initially treated the dog with steroids and other procedures. Within a short period of time, the dog's condition worsened and Dr. Tierce offered to do some experimental treatments on the dog. When Davis visited the dog two weeks into the treatment regime, she found Hercules in a small feces and urine covered cage unresponsive and suffering. Tierce told her then the dog's condition had deteriorated.

Davis ordered Tierce to euthanize Hercules, and was told her beloved dog would be buried at the veterinarian's ranch.

The woman was shocked in April when authorities called and told her Hercules was still alive.

Davis' lawsuit follows the lawsuit of Jamie and Marian Harris whose five-year-old Leonberger dog named Sid was found in a filthy cage in the back of the animal hospital five years after he was allegedly euthanized.

Read the entire story by clicking here.

The State Office Administrative Hearing for Dr. Tierce's veterinary license is scheduled to be heard on June 24 in Austin.

Tierce also faces animal cruelty charges for the egregious suffering of his own dog.

If you would like to continue receiving the latest news on pet issues and how we can help those who cannot speak, please click the "Subscribe" icon.

Follow the National Pet Rescue Examiner on Facebook by clicking here. Please visit and "like" my page. You are welcome to submit story ideas by contacting me at

Report this ad