Nidel Hasan AP Photo
After receiving a fourth emotional request for an astrological profile for Fort Hood gunman Nidel Malik Hasan and a second enraged request for astrological information on those involved in the tragic case of Shaniya Davis, the need to broach the topic of such news-making monsters became apparent. As an alternative to investing both reporting and reading time on those unworthy, let’s take a look at how we can use the current Saturn square Pluto alignment, which is associated with intensified frustration and anger, to bring light to a much needed awareness.
Over the past several days during the Saturn square Pluto alignment, deplorable crimes and violent acts are seemingly every where we turn. A mere few of the headliners are as follows;
- Fort Hood shooting
- Murder of five year old, Shaniya Davis
- Murder of nine year old, Tommy Wolf (murdered by his father)
- Nine injured during a shooting at a San Francisco concert
- Connecticut man sets girlfriend on fire and tries to do the same to her 12 year old daughter
- Police find four dead in Michigan home (likely another murder suicide)
- Des Moines police find body in burned van
- One woman dead after a shooting at a Virginia apartment complex
- Woman killed by husband at work days after filing for divorce
- Father, four sons and friend are charged in Missouri child rape case
- Oliver Bills of Cleveland, Texas shoots his family and then himself
- South Carolina drive-by shooting kills three, injures six
- Colorado homeowner finds dead body in front yard
- Gunman kills one, then self in Oregon office park
- Three killed, five wounded in shooting at South Carolina house
- Man killed, six hurt in shooting at illegal bar in Pennsylvania
- Colorado bar shooting kills one, wounds three
- Ex-employee enters Orlando office firing a gun
- Three women shot to death as they sat in car with kids
- Actor who played Santa jailed for sex with boys
In no way can we ever blame unusual planetary aspects on acts of violence or other unthinkable crimes. People are accountable for their own actions. The tragic situations above were not the result of someone temporarily losing their mind. The sad truth is that there always have been and there always will be evil-spirited fiends among us. Though this truth is justifiably anger-provoking, our energies are better served elsewhere if we ever wish to protect ourselves and others from such monstrosities.
Awareness is the first part of the battle. As individuals and as a society, we can no longer afford to dismiss the signs. Just as there were numerous warning signs at Ford Hood and in the other situations above, there are signs in our ever day life experiences. One personal example that comes to mind is of a day I took my five year old niece to a public library in a nice, suburban neighborhood. While in the children’s book section, I noticed a man on his hands and knees, peering through bookshelves at mothers with children. I kept my eye on him as he followed three different mothers with their young children from aisle to aisle. At one point, he attempted to follow me and my niece. Instead of ignoring him, I stood tall and stared him down. Immediately, he left the children’s section but remained within eye sight, continuing to watch the other mothers. I then approached two of the other mothers to warm them of this person. Both replied that they noticed man. One mother commented that she was waiting for him to leave so that she could then soon after leave the library herself. The other mother told me she was trying to ignore him in hopes that he would soon go away. Baffled, I approached a librarian and was escorted into a private room. After briefly describing the situation, library security guards were immediately called upon the man and to the man’s attention. The man made an unsuccessful running attempt to his car in the parking lot. As it turned out, the man was a registered sex offender. Found in the backseat of his car that day was a goodie-bag inclusive of a knife, duct tape, gloves, rope, zip ties and a gun.
We are conditioned as a society to find the shock value of situations in the wrong places. Using my experience as an example, most people are shocked once they learn what was found in the backseat of the sex offender’s car. What should be the most shocking portion of the experience is the knowledge that the mothers in the library were aware of the signs, yet chose to dismiss them.
If awareness is part of the battle, acting upon our awareness is an even bigger part of the battle. Astrologically speaking, we all have a unique purpose. In addition to a unique purpose, we also have a shared direction in which both being aware and acting upon our awareness plays an imperative role in preventing, protecting and uniting.
Peace will never be found in the eyes of a violent partner, an angered individual or in a situation where safety is ever in question. May those affected by tragedy find peace.
* For more information on current astrological events or for information on your own birth chart, please visit www.scienceofastrology.com