The changes that have been made are in the following areas:
- Pro Championship and Qualifying points structure
- Pro Championship license retention
- Protests in competition
- Qualifying format and criteria points allocation
- General judging criteria for Qualifying and Head-to-Head competition
- Use of replays in competition
“We are excited to start off our eleventh season with the motif of, “Dawn of a New Decade,” and with that comes changes to the competition that we feel will enhance the show by making it more thrilling, while keeping the flow consistent and in-line with what we consider to be the most electrifying motor sport on the planet,” says Ryan Sage, Vice President and Co-Founder of Formula DRIFT.
A full and comprehensive list of the changes in their entirety can be found http://www.formulad.com/blog/2014/fd-news/formula-drift-makes-sweeping-c....
The 2014 Formula DRIFT season will begin with Round 1: Streets of Long Beach on April 4-5. For more information visit: www.formuladrift.com and find Formula DRIFT on Instagram @formulad, Facebook www.facebook.com/formuladrift and Twitter @FormulaD.