CLEARWATER - What happens when you take two musicians each from three veteran Tampa Bay bands and combine them to form one local “Supergroup?” You get The Tommy Roxx Band.
Formed late last year following the disbanding of Diamond Gray, The Tommy Roxx Band consists of former members from Diamond Gray, as well as Rebel Pride and BIG DEAL! The line-up includes:
- Tommy “Roxx” Douthat (BIG DEAL!) - Lead Vocals
- Peter Kane (BIG DEAL!) - Keyboards
- Brian Jeffries (Rebel Pride) - Guitars & vocals
- "Big" Dave Stevenson (Rebel Pride) - Bass Guitar & vocals
- Rocky Diamond (Diamond Gray) - Guitars & vocals
- Brian "Bam Bam" Bradford (Diamond Gray) - Drums
The following is an official press release issued by The Tommy Roxx Band:
A new Powerhouse Southern Rock band has arisen from the ashes of the 3 best Southern Rock bands to come out of Tampa Bay over the last two decades. With the disbanding of the Rebel Pride band in 2011, Guitarist Brian Jeffries (who was also in Southern Snow and Second Helping ~ the Original Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute act) and Bassist Dave Stevenson (also from Second Helping) joined forces with Tommy Roxx in BIG DEAL!. Then with the disbanding of Diamond Gray in 2013, Guitarist Rocky Diamond and Drummer Brian “Bam Bam” Bradford (also from Second Helping) joined forces with this newly emerging “Super Group”. With only two original members from BIG DEAL! (frontman Tommy & Peter Kane on keyboards) they dropped the name BIG DEAL! and have emerged as the TOMMY ROXX band. Wielding dueling lead guitarist and a world class piano & organ player, this band is over the top good and could stand their ground next to any national act on the biggest stages and in front of the biggest crowds.
In addition to fronting the newly formed Tommy Roxx Band, Tommy Roxx can still be seen fronting the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band, Nuthin’ Fancy. Nuthin’ Fancy consists of all six members of The Tommy Roxx Band, as well as Chris McCallister (Second Helping, Randall Hall band) on guitar, and three female backup singers. Throughout Nuthin’ Fancy’s tenure, the band has headlined countless major Bike Week festivals throughout the Southeast United States.
The Tommy Roxx Band will be performing on the following up-coming dates:
- May 23rd - Porpoise Pub, Seminole (9:30pm-1:30am)
- June 4th - Quaker Steak & Lube, Clearwater - (6:30pm-10:00pm)
- June 28th - High Octane Saloon, Homosassa (9:00pm-1:00am)
- July 25th - Porpoise Pub, Seminole (9:30pm-1:30am)
- July 26th - Porpoise Pub, Seminole (9:30pm-1:30am)
- July 27th - Winghouse, Largo (4:00pm-?)
- August 1st - Gators on the Pass, Treasure Island (9:30pm-1:30am)
- August 20th - Quaker Steak & Lube, Clearwater (6:30pm-10:00pm)
- August 23rd - The Music Ranch, Lakeland (9:00pm- ?)
You can also catch Nuthin’ Fancy when they perform on the following up-coming dates:
- August 8th - Downtown, Palm Beach Gardens (7:00pm-10:00pm)
- August 9th - Daytona Beach Bandshell, Daytona Beach (7:30pm-9:45pm)
- August 30th - High Octane Saloon, Homasassa (9:00pm-1:00am)
- October 4th - Whiskey Joe’s, Tampa (9:00pm-11:00pm)
For more information on both bands, visit www.tommyroxx.com
© copyright 2014 KAM Music Publishing.
All articles published in the St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Column fall under federal copyright laws. Articles cannot be re-published in whole without the written consent of Keith Wilkins, KAM Music Publishing, KAM-BABS Promotions, or Examiner.com. Partial re-printing with a link back to the original article is permitted without consent.
The St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Column was the "2010 & 2011 Most Read Examiner Column" in the St. Petersburg (Tampa Bay) market, and is syndicated on several other internet publications as well.
Don't miss a single article, subscribe to the St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Examiner Column now by clicking on the "Subscribe" button at the top of this article. You will receive an email notification each time a new article is published.