Apparently, some Democrats think Republicans simply shouldn't run against female incumbent senators. Democratic strategist and former Clinton adviser Richard Socarides told CNBC's Larry Kudlow that Republicans “have zero chance of taking back the Senate,” and claimed that running against female Democratic senators “is part of the Republican war on women,” CNS News reported Monday.
“The Republicans have zero chance of taking back the Senate. I mean it’s going to get closer—the margin is going to get closer, but six Senate seats, I mean it could be very close. It could be 50/50, it could be 51-49,” he said.
But Socarides was just getting warmed up.
“The Koch brothers are targeting all the Democratic women. I mean this is part of the Republican war on women. They’ve got three women Democratic senators. They’re pouring millions of dollars on it. I do not think that the Republicans are going to take back the Senate by targeting women and using the money of the extreme right to try to fearmonger these elections,” he added, eliciting laughter from Kudlow and the other guests.
He later repeated his claim to more laughter.
“This is a war on women – three women Democratic Senators," he said.
Landrieu is attempting to hide her history of support for Obamacare by running an ad claiming she's taken Obama to task for the claim that has since become Politifact's "Lie of the Year" for 2013. Landrieu, however, reiterated the now thoroughly debunked line that "if you like your insurance, you can keep it."
But according to Socarides, it's somehow sexist for Republicans to run against female incumbents if they happen to be Democrats.
Socarides, however, did not say if Democrats would shy away from running against Republican women, nor did he say that Democrats would not use money from far-left wing groups to spread misinformation and fear.
Twenty Democrat-held seats are up for re-election in 2014 versus 13 seats currently held by Republicans. Republicans need to take six seats in order to regain a majority in the Senate.
- Dem. Sen. Mary Landrieu runs ad glossing over her Obamacare promises
- Questions raised about legality of Obama's healthcare 'fix'
- Former White House adviser: Fox News to blame for Obamacare disaster
- Sebelius releases dismal Obamacare figures as millions lose coverage
- Obamacare ads called racist for targeting mostly white youths
- Op-ed says Obama guilty of fraud for lying to public about health care
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Video: Obamacare navigators suggest enrollees use fraud, deceit
- Sarah Palin schools Matt Lauer: Obamacare 'socialized medicine'
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.