Former Chicago Bear William "Refrigerator" Perry recovering slowly from Guillain-Barre syndrome

Comments

• April - Salt Lake City Wellness/Cat Examiner 5 years ago

Sounds similar to MS

• Nancy Z-Grand Rapids Health Examiner 5 years ago

Hadn't heard Perry had this. Nice to know he is improving.

• Toni 5 years ago

I had Guillain-Barre syndrome when I was 15 - it was so fast and we had no idea what was happening. I basically woke up with jelly legs and my eyes were cross eyed... I nearly lost the ability to breathe, but after a plasma infusion from a donor, I recovered after two weeks in the intensive care unit. Crazy stuff!

• Taylor Rios 5 years ago

I had heard of this disease, but didn't know what it was

• Winona Cooking Examiner 5 years ago

Never heard of this disease before your knowing article.

• Winona Home & Living 5 years ago

This is a terrible condition and has to be hard for anyone. An ex-football player has to be even harder. Since he was used to being so active and strong to play.

• Steph 5 years ago

My husband is suffering from this desease right now as we speak. He is 44 years old and was 230lbs of muscle. Active duty military, personal trainer and healthy as a horse. This disease took him down in two days. He ended up on a ventilator for 4 months and just started breathing on his own 3 weeks ago. He still can't walk or do anything but is making some improvements. This disease is so scary.

• Dianne 5 years ago

Have been researching this for a friend who has it and found out good quality Colostrum and cod liver oil are supposed to help. He began taking it about two or three months ago when he was really going downhill (he'd had it over a year at that point) and he has been showing slow but steady improvement since. Google it.

• maria 4 years ago