The Student Conservation Association and Friends of the Forest Preserves invite those interested in hands-on conservation and restoration with the Forest Preserves of Cook County to fill out an applications for Crew Leader positions for their 2013 Chicago Conservation Leadership Program located in Chicago, IL.
Crew leaders will be responsible for 10-12 high school youth, ages 15-18 for six weeks, July 1 – August 9, 2013 (Mon-Fri. 8 hrs/day) to complete an assortment of hands-on conservation and restoration projects within different areas in the Forest Preserves of Cook County and plan and lead weekly educational field trips.
Qualifications for the job are:
- 21yrs or older;
- valid driver’s license for 3+ years and clean driving record;
- current Basic First Aid and Adult CPR certifications or ability to obtain;
- State of Illinois herbicide license or willing to obtain one;
- outdoor skills;
- experience working with urban youth;
- ability to maintain safe, productive and enjoyable work environment;
- strong interest in working with and mentoring youth.
Plant Identification, Midwestern ecology, or knowledge of the Forest Preserves is a plus.
Salary ranges from $3,400 to $3,700 depending on qualifications and experience and crew leader training will be announced in June 2013.