Think about it … While technology saves your business from using physical resources, it can also have negative effects on the environment you weren’t even aware of.
For example, a great deal of electricity is used to power devices such as cell-phones, personal computers and tablets. Plus, when these tools are no longer useful, they are often discarded in landfills rather than recycled. Up to 80 percent of them by some estimates.
The solution? Reach for the clouds.
Cloud computing and virtualization enables your business to minimize its paper trail by safely storing data that would normally clutter your file cabinets and computer hardware online. According to Small Business News, more than 70 percent of small businesses already use cloud storage because it offers many cost-effective benefits:
- It not only reduces paper waste, but also on printer power usage.
- It creates a centralized location where your employees can access data and use their personal devices for work, eliminating the need to buy extra office equipment. It also enables multiple employees to work on the same files simultaneously.
- It eliminates the need for in-house IT resources and additional office and server space.
- It also protects your precious data from disasters and saves your company the cost of having to recover it.
- Best of all, it allows your business to conserve energy, keep toxic electronics out of landfills, and preserve forests by reducing paper waste.
You can obtain the latest news and advice on green products and practices right here by clicking on the Subscribe button at the top of this page for regular updates.
To access an extensive archive of green business articles, click on my name.
And if you like an article, please share it on Twitter or Facebook.