During the 10-day workshop at the Four Seasons Hotel (60 Yorkville Ave.) 30 women's football coaches representing the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football will improve their knowledge in teaching the game to youth.
Three FIFA instructors will review various aspects of the game. They include the role of the coach, the characteristics of female football players, the methodology for coaching young talents, goalkeeping and physical training.
The workshop program will be divided into theoretical and practical sessions and will be enhanced by match observation and analysis of selected games during the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Canada.
- Aug. 4 - Opening ceremony including current status of women’s football
- Aug. 5 - Trends in women’s football and match observation
- Aug. 6 - Match analysis and how to present
- Aug. 7 - Role of the coach
- Aug. 8 - Talent identification
- Aug. 9 - Goalkeeping, requirements, specific training
- Aug. 10 - Physical condition, analysis of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011
- Aug. 11 - Match analysis presentation and training sessions
- Aug. 12 - Match analysis presentation and training sessions, Q&A
- Aug. 13 - Challenges of the Women’s Football in the region, closing ceremony
There will be practical sessions or game observations happening each afternoon.
Tyler Shaw’s Showtime unveiled as Canada 2014's Official Song
FIFA and Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. have selected Showtime by 20-year-old west coast born Canadian singer Tyler Shaw, as the official song of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Canada 2014.
Showtime was selected for its positive, inspiring lyrics and good tempo. The rhythm of the music will definitely be enjoyed throughout the stadiums by all fans attending the matches.
Shaw has a warm and easy vocal style that evokes some of his idols, like John Mayer, Michael Buble and The Script.
He co-wrote his debut single, Kiss Goodnight, which has been certified Gold in Canada, spending 22 weeks in the Top 10 on HAC and AC radio.
Shaw is already having a big year in 2014, having received a nomination for the Juno Breakthrough Artist Award, and he is expected to release his debut full-length album later this summer.
To listen to the song go to https://soundcloud.com/tylershawmusic/showtime/s-Ka17h.