A Texas witness driving west along El Dorado after exiting I-45 at Webster reported a black, triangle-shaped object the size of a football field with four bright lights was moving just above the trees about 7:45 p.m. on January 3, 2013, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving home from work when the object was first noticed.
"I noticed it out the corner of my left eye," the witness stated. "I thought it might have been a new light pole since I had never noticed it before, but the lights were becoming much larger. I was driving about 30 mph and started to slow down as the lights were starting to move over the trees. I couldn't take my eyes off of it."
The witness said there were other vehicles on the roadway at the same time and that they were slowing down.
"It was very large, maybe a football field long. It moved directly over my car and the others heading northeast."
The witness described the object.
"From underneath it was a solid black triangle with the top being at the back of the craft. At this point, I had rolled down my windows and heard no sound other than that of the other cars, typical rolling tire noise."
The witness became frightened, but decided to pursue the object a second time.
"I could feel my pulse beating in my face. I went to my apartment about three minutes away, grabbed my video camera and ran out the door back into the car. I headed back toward I-45 hoping to get a good camera shot and it was gone. I drove around for a good 20 minutes trying to find the lights. I know what I saw and I know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight."
No photos or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on January 3, 2013. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Webster is a city in Harris County, TX, population 10,400.
Recent triangle UFO coverage includes:
- New York triangle UFO described with 'hard to define edges'
- Dark triangle UFO reported over California beach community
- Closed triangle UFO cases: September 2012 yields 17 reports
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Triangle UFO surface appeared 'shimmering' over Georgia town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Kentucky witness says triangle UFO hovered 300 feet above roadway
- Video: Triangle UFO reported low over small Michigan town
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- UFO 'no joke' for Indiana Mom after second rural encounter
- Michigan couple encounters two low flying V-shaped objects
- Maryland witness describes large, low flying triangle UFO
- Four triangle UFOs over Jacksonville appear to scan ground
- Low flying triangle UFO coverage continues over Nebraska
- 'Huge triangle' UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
Recent Texas UFO cases include:
- Texas Dad says son 'terrified' after photographing hovering UFO
- Texas witnesses report multiple objects moving at high speed
- Witness says 'glowing orb' shot out of cloud over Texas town
- Four triangle-shaped objects reported moving over Garland
- Witness says light over Houston 'ejects smaller, reflective object'
- Second sighting reported of dark triangle UFO low over Texas town
- Texas witness says V-shaped object hovered over tree line
- 'Flying wing' UFO with no sound reported over Texas town
- Pink UFO explanations range from reflections to Nazi Saucers
- UFO expert claims Google Street View pink UFOs are real
- Pink UFOs over Texas and New Mexico seen on Google Street View
- Orange light UFO ejects smaller gray sphere over Texas town
- Texas witness photographs disc-shaped object in storm clouds
- Multiple witnesses file UFO reports from northeastern Texas
- Witness says 'silver object' emerged from Texas cloud formation
- McAllen, TX: Hovering object's edges would 'blur and sharpen'
- San Antonio witness describes light shining down from silent object
- Texas boomerang UFO surrounded by 'mist or shadow'
- Texas UFO Show: with guest MUFON Missouri state director
- Texans report multiple lights overhead April 6 from four locations
- Oval object hovers above vehicle: Texas couple reports sunburn
- Texas couple follows UFO as it moves over El Paso area
- Texas rectangle UFO reported as 'size of football field'
- Dark objects over Kyle, TX, disappeared quickly
Texas is a current UFO ALERT 3 rating, with a high number of UFO sightings nationally. Texas had 38 reports in December 2012 - the 4th highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Texas MUFON State Director Steve Hudgeons investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
January 3, 2013, 7:45 p.m., Webster, Harris County, TX. black triangle with 4 bright lights I a line flew slowly over my car about 150 yards above ground. Case 45002.
I was driving home from work, just turned onto el Dorado headed west off of I45 when I notice 4 very bright lights sitting in a row in the sky just above the trees. I noticed it out the corner of my left eye. I thought it might have been a new light pole since I had never noticed it before, but the lights were becoming much larger. I was driving about 30 mph and started to slow down as the lights were starting to move over the trees. I couldnt take my eyes off of it. there were multiple cars around me driving on the invest 2 lane road, all of which slowed down.the object moved overhead, it was very large, maybe a football field long. it moved directly over my car and the other deadheading northeast. From underneath it was a solid black triangle with the top being at the back of the craft. at this point, I had rolled down my windows and heard no sound other than that of the other cars, typical rolling tire noise. I became very frightened, I could feel my pulse beating in my face. I went to my apartment about 3 minutes away, grabbed my video camera and ran out the door back into the car. I headed back toward i45 hoping to get a good camera shot and it was gone. I drove around for a good 20 minutes trying to find the lights. I know what I saw and I know im not going to get any sleep tonight.