February will soon be coming to an end but before the month is through here are a few local events to look forward to.
February 23: Butter Love with Lauren Eden Jones.
1033 College Street.
Chef Lauren Eden Jones pays homage to butter in three courses. The website lists the menu as:
- Bread and homemade butter
- Amuse bouche: Butterfruit soup with crispy bacon
- First: Butterfish gravlax on brioche toasts with lightly pickled cucumber
- Second: Côte de Boeuf with leeky butterbeans, buttery butternut squash mash, buttered greens and beure rouge sauce
- Third: Grammy Jones’s buttertarts with poached apricots and brandy butter
Reserve your table here
February 23: Mad for Marmalade, Crazy for Citron!
Fort York National Historic Site
250 Fort York Boulevard.
$50 + HST/person.
A celebration of Marmalade, what could be finer?
Tour the historic Fort York grounds, indulge in a delicious lunch, sample a variety of jams and marmalades, view a marmalade competition. Set to be an afternoon of fun, check out the website for more details.
February 28: Recipe for Change.
92 Front Street East at St. Lawrence Market North.
$125 + HST/person.
Toronto chefs unite for an evening of food, wine and beer in support of FoodShare’s programs for food security, literacy, health and well-being and so much more.
For more information click here.