Food trucks continue to be very popular, and many are on the hunt for the next best food truck and best food truck dish. On October 5, 2013, food truck lovers get to try more than 30 brand new dishes from 15 food trucks. Food Truck Battledish Beta Tasting takes place in Bay Meadows in San Mateo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All “beta” dishes are $5, and food trucks will also offer their regular menu items.
Battledish attendees get to vote for their favorite dish. Here are the culinary titles the chefs will be competing for: most delicious, most creative, best modern, best cocktail, and most authentic.
And here are some of the beta dishes that will be available:
- Lobster taco, bbq albacore, and vegan taco from We Sushi
- Beef picadillo, chicken afridata, and fresh vegetable lumpia from Tia Maria
- Mini Mochiko chicken slider, won ton tacos with honey sriracha chicken, and garlic fries from Cluck It Up
- Mini dynamo donut sandwich, Napa style sundae, and boba guys sundae from Frozen Kuhsterd
In addition to plenty of new dishes as well as old favorites to enjoy, there will also be live music, face painting, and cocktails.
Tickets to the event are $10 and can be purchased at the Dishcrawl website.
There are also the following ticket packages available:
- Teaser Package: 6 Chef Dishes: $35 Try six dishes with this package! (6 tickets valued at $5 each for food and/or drink). Includes Admission.
- Gourmand: Chef Dishes with all 15 food truck chefs: $80 Get your belly full by trying the full collection of dishes from all 15 chefs with this package! (15 tickets valued at $5 each for food) Includes Admission.
- VIP: Dishes and Drinks at all 15 trucks, Beer Tasting, and swag bag: $100 The VIP package includes 15 food dishes and 1 Beer Tasting, and swag bags.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to receive updates whenever a new article is published, please click on the subscribe button at the top of this post.
To get updates via Twitter, follow me at @wellandrea.