It's a New Year and many people have taken the time to create meaningful resolutions. Surely, one of the top resolutions of the New Year is to be healthy and fit. This is great advice from the creator of Food Legacy, Food Healing and Qigong Instructor, Stephen Jamison is back again. This time he teaches how to jump start your healthy living in 2014.
- Do a Detox. Eating a High Phytochemical diet enables your body to detoxify itself from chemical waste & toxins. This is major in fighting cancer and other autoimmune disorders. It's worth a google!
- Speaking of toxins: Eat as much organic produce as possible to prevent ingesting pesticides. If you are on a budget, buy conventional but spray fruits and vegetables with "Veggie Wash." Then, after 10 seconds, rinse under cold water. (Use a scrub brush if accessible.) Porous fruits, like strawberries and raspberries must be Organic because they absorb pesticides deep into their flesh, so veggie wash won't work, causing more harm than good if eaten. Blueberries and corn are fine because the outer membrane protects them from absorbing the toxins.
- Get 6-8 hours of quality sleep. Your body needs this to repair itself daily, so unless you have a tight deadline, don't make a habit of staying up late. The ideal time to go to bed is between 10 and 11pm most nights. Not doing so can lower immune system function and may cause illness.
- Get your body moving. Exercise increases blood circulation, boosts metabolism, reduces stress and helps immune function. Qigong, yoga, swimming and walking 15-30mins are simple ways to Start Now.
- Lastly, I recommend at least 30 mins of sunlight daily. This helps convert cholesterol into Vitamin D, which has shown to be protective against pancreatic, colorectal, prostate and breast cancer to name a few.
Thank you Stephen for your support and efforts in teaching us how to live healthy in 2014.
Follow Stephen Jamison at the following:
Have a Happy New Year and don't forget to like, share and subscribe the article.