Anyone who has ever tried to come up with food gift ideas for Christmas has surely wished that she could channel a little of her inner Martha Stewart. Christmas gift foods, however, needn't be that complicated and nor do you need Ms. Stewart's talents when putting together wine and food gift baskets for the holidays.
Related Food as Gifts Articles
- Try some delicious coffee recipes to make as gifts
- Making some cakes as gifts? Be sure to make some cream cheese icing to top them
- Put together this homemade granola recipe if you want to make a healthy food gift
Food Gift Ideas: What to Consider
- Do think about whether or not the person has allergies. Even handmade Christmas food gifts will not be eaten if the items contain foods that a person is allergic to. Medical News Today cites eight foods as the big no-nos. These include shellfish, peanuts and wheat. However, other foods not on the list can cause an allergic reaction, so be sure to check.
- Think about creating a healthy gift basket version of a person's favorite foods. For example, if your friends or family members love chocolate gift baskets, consider low sugar or low fat cookies, candies and hot cocoa as items for your basket instead of their higher calorie counterparts. The same goes for vegan food gifts for Christmas.
- Pick a theme when you're going the food as Christmas gifts route. Do your loved ones adore coffee? Then you'll definitely want to make a coffee gift basket. The same applies for food from wine country, snacks or cookies.