- 1 T olive oil
- One bunch of kale
- Your creativity
1. Choosing the largest leaves, gently tear the leaves from the stems
2. Place leaves in a large bowl and gently massage the leaves with olive oil until leaves are fully coated
3. Now the fun part. Choose a topping that will meet your craving. Simply salty? Sprinkle in sea salt (and maybe a dash of vinegar). Cheese please? Grate some parmesan or other hard cheese. BBQ chips are your downfall? Sprinkle a little taco seasoning. And red pepper flakes are always a favorite with us.
4. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place leaves flat on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges of leaves just start to blacken. Check frequently. Depending on the tenderness of the leaves, they may crisp in as little as 8 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and transfer to a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.