The Bedford/Burlington Melting Pot has a great "kids eat free" special over both Massachusetts and New Hampshire February vacations.
The Melting Pot is a unique restaurant based around that ‘70s fad that we all grew up with: fondue. The nice thing about fondue for the family is that it tends to be a fairly child friendly type of meal. Children like to have a lot of control over what they eat and to see how its all being prepared, especially if it is something new. With the cheese fondue, there is a choice of bread, apples or seasonal veggies to dip. There are salads because you might want something fresh between fondue courses. Entrées are cooked at the table and then for dessert there are the chocolate fondues, served with fresh fruit, cakes and marshmallows.
February 17th - 21st and 24th - 28th, order either cheese fondue or chocolate fondue (for 2 or more) and each adult entrée gets a child's entrée free. Entrées for children include one or a combo of three of the following: chicken, teriyaki sirloin, shrimp, citrus pork, salmon or spinach artichoke ravioli. Adult entrees start at $12.95 per person. The entrées are cooked "bouillion style" which is a hot vegetable broth that you dip your food into to cook it.
For an addition $2.95 you can choose one of three other cooking styles. Mojo is a Caribbean-seasoned bouillon with garlic and citrus. Coq au vin is a Burgundy wine, fresh herb, spice and mushroom broth. Bourguignonne is a hot oil and is served with tempura and sesame batters.
Cheese fondue choices are as follows.
- Cheddar is an aged medium-sharp cheddar and Emmenthaler, beer and garlic fondue.
- Wisconsin Trio is a Fontina, Butterkäse and buttermilk bue cheese with white wine, scallions and a hint of sherry.
- Fiesta is a cheddar cheese blend with beer, jalapeno peppers, and salsa.
- Spinach and Artichoke is a Fontina and Butterkäse with spinach, artichoke hearts and garlic.
- Traditional Swiss is a classic with Gruyère, Emmenthaler, white wine, garlic, nutmeg, lemon and Kirschwasser.
Now for dessert! The dessert fondues are as follows:
- The Original is a milk chocolate swirled with peanut butter.
- Pure Chocolate is a milk, dark, or white chocolate fondue.
- Chocolate S'Mores is a fondue version of this campfire classic with milk chocolate, marshmallow cream that is flambéed and then topped with little bits of graham cracker.
- Create your own is a way to spike up your grown up fondue with Disaronno, Baileys, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Chambord or Tuaca.
- The Flaming Turtle is a combination of milk chocolate, caramel, and candied pecans that are flambéed at the table.
- Cookies 'n Cream Marshmallow Dream is a dark chocolate topped with flambéed marshmallow cream and topped with Oreos.
- Bananas Foster has bananas, a hint of cinnamon swirled in white chocolate.
- Yin and Yang dark and white chocolate side by side.
The Melting Pot in Bedford/Burlington is open Monday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Saturday from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday from 4 p.m to 8:30 p.m.
To make a reservation call (781) 791-0529 and mention "Kids Eat Free" for this Vacation Week offer. Valid dates are February 17th through 21st and February 24th through 28th.
Visit www.meltingpot.com/bedford for additional details.