Fogo de Chão has launched the Fogo Guide to Brazil: an online experience that shares the stories of influential writers, photographers and artists to give the world an intimate view of what makes the country truly special. Featured contributors include photographer Marcello Arrambide, Cesar Ovalle, Paulo de Valle, and others.
The guide also features stories told by Fogo de Chão gaucho chefs who were born and raised in Southern Brazil, where Fogo de Chão began over 35 years ago. To see the stories visit Fogo.com/guide.
In honor and celebration of this beautiful experince I interviewed local Baltimore Fogo de Chão general manager and head gaucho chef, Jair Cavagnolli - read it here!
Since Fogo is spreading the Brazilian spirit, it wanted to share its authentic Fogo Caipirinha, Superfruit Lemonade and Peruvian Sunset recipes for you to enjoy!!
- 1 medium to large lime
- 2 tbls sugar (to taste)
- 2 oz cachaca
1. First cut off lime end caps then cut in half. Remove core. Slice each half in half again and slice into 5-8 pieces.
2. Place lime in a rocks glass, add 2 tbls of sugar and muddle.
3. Top with ice and add 2 oz of cachaca. Shake in a shaker and serve.
- 1.5 oz VeeV Acai Spirit
- 1.5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 half lemon cut into wedges
- 2 strawberries – sliced (or 2 tbsp blueberries)
- 1 oz Simple Syrup (2 tbsp sugar)
- 2 oz of Sprite
- 6 oz Ice
1. Muddle lemon, strawberries and Simple Syrup together.
2. Add VeeV, Grand Marnier and ice – shake well.
3. Pour into Rocks Glass and add a splash of Sprite
4. Garnish with a whole strawberry
- 2 oz Portón Pisco
- 1 oz St-Germain Elderflower liqueur
- Ruby Red Grapefruit juice
- Squeeze of fresh lime
1. Pour ingredients into a mixing tin with ice – shake well.
2. Strain into chilled martini glass.
3. Garnish with a lime twist