Do you have trouble focusing during the day or sleeping at night? Are you fraught with worry about your relationships, finances, work, and family life? Do you get little enjoyment out of life?
If you answered yes, unfortunately you are not alone...
According to The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older (18% of U.S. population). There is hope:
John 14:27 says, “Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]“
However, more and more people are silently suffering with anxious behaviors such as:
- Muscle tension
- Insomnia/sleeping too much
- Restless feelings
- Strange thoughts
- Uncontrollable bouts of anger
- Racing heart/chest discomfort
- Numbness in various parts of the body
- Feelings of fatigue and depression
- Unexplained panicky feelings
You are not invincible...
Everyone is susceptible to stress, anxiety, worry, depression, and fear. Unfortunately, Christian people often feel that they must hide their and pretend that nothing is wrong. This act in itself can make their condition much worse and more difficult to overcome. If you are battling with stress, anxiety, or depression, there is hope.
Hope in the midst of the storm...
The Bible teaches that anxiety brings a heaviness to a person’s life (Proverbs 12:25). We have to keep in mind at all times, we are tripartite beings: we are spirit, we have a soul, and we inhabit a physical body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). When we accept Jesus, our spirit is born again, but our soul is merely “rescued” – it is now capable of being renewed, but it is not yet fully transformed. From the moment of our salvation, we must continually work on the transformation of our souls.
If you suffer from anxious thoughts and behaviors, here are a few suggestions to empower and strengthen you as you learn to transform your soul:
Focused Action Plan:
1. Read and meditate Isaiah 26:3. Revise the scripture and create an affirmation for daily confession.
2. Begin journal writing to keep track of your anxious episodes:
- Where were you?
- Time of day?What were you doing?
- What were you focusing on (thinking about)?
3. Observe your behavior this week. Notice how much your “overdo” personality traits (perfectionism, worrying...) influence your anxiety, stress and depression levels. Catch yourself over doing perfectionism. How does your body feel? What is our emotional state when you realize “perfect “isn’t possible?
4. Get accountable. Find a professional, i.e., certified Life Coach, Counselor, Therapist, trusted Pastor who can journey with you with practical insight and tangible tools for your transformation process. For more information on my Transformation Coaching, please email me at Kerri@KerriHerndon.com.
Remember, everything begins with a focused approach and plan for living a life inspired and fulfilled everyday.
For more information and FREE RESOURCES to assist you as you overcome fear, please visit www.KerriHerndon.com. On my website, you will find self-discovery tools to assist you with overcoming fear and worry to create serenity.
Father in the name of Jesus I curse depression, anxiety, stress, and pain and any trauma and or generational curses that was brought into your life. I speak a right mind over your life; I say that you have the memory of the just in the name of Jesus. In the name of Jesus, I curse the spirit of trauma, anxiety, and depression. I curse any form of trauma of rejection, rebellion, destruction, abandonment, abuse (sexual, emotional or physical), and pain associated with past repressed memories in the heart, mind, and emotions in Jesus Name.
I say that today you are learning to forgive those things which are behind you and pressing on and forward. I speak love, joy, peace, patience. I say that your joy is being restored. In the Name of Jesus, I pray Amen.
Need Prayer? Email your prayer request here!
"SUPPORT" need additional support with personal challenges? Send Coach Kerri an email for Counseling or Life Coaching.
"PURCHASE" Simply Me: Taking Off the Mask Through Effectual Prayer, by Kerri Herndon today on Amazon to identify distortional thinking and thought patterns that are keeping you bondage. Learn powerful techniques to destroy strongholds and keep yourself accountable to the word of God.
“SUBSCRIBE” to the Sacramento Christian-Living-Examiner so you don’t miss any articles from Coach Kerri (Kerri Herndon).