If you love music from the 1960s and 1970s, the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is your place to be on the weekends. In addition to all the gorgeous gardens and good food, you can catch a free concert on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
Micky Dolenz rocked the park during the first weekend. Click the video toward the bottom of this article to see a video summary of his performance. This weekend, Chubby Checker is in the house, and you can see the following performers in the coming weeks:
- March 22 to 24, The Guess Who
- March 29 to 31, Nelson
- April 5 to 7, The Turtles, featuring Flo and Eddie
- April 12 to 14, Paul Revere and the Raiders
- April 19 to 21, The Village People
- April 26 to 28, The Orchestra (members of ELO and ELO II)
- May 3 to 5, Tommy Roe
- May 10 to 12, Herman's Hermits, starring Peter Noone
- May 17 to 19, Starship, starring Mickey Thomas
Concerts are included with your regular Epcot admission ticket, and seating at the America Garden Theater is first come, first served. There are three showtimes each night, at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m., so you'll have several opportunities to see your favorite bands when they appear at Walt Disney World.
If you come for a concert, allow enough time to explore the park and admire the lit-up topiaries and gardens. The night-time lighting is new for 2013.