When children come home from school they are always looking for a snack. Instead of cookies and milk or prepared bites that can be micro-waved try a snack that gives them that sweetness they yearn for with some healthy and crunchy fruit slices and make snack time more interesting.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a small frying pan on low heat, melt the butterscotch chips, cinnamon and vinegar in the condensed milk.
- Transfer the apple dip into small individual dishes for dipping.
- Serve warm.
- Slice up apples with or without the skins on and place around the outside of a luncheon plate with a small dipping dish of apple dip in the center.
- Cantaloupe slices, grapes or banana slices can also be enjoyed with the apple dip.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: