Robbers typically prey on women. This time, it was a group of women who prayed on the robber. A group of 15 women inside a Florida home scared off an armed gunman by chanting "Jesus" according to a Jan. 28 WJXT report.
The ladies held a jewelry party at the home of Jacquie Hagler, which made an ideal setting for an armed robbery to take place. After a masked gunman intruded on the party, the women brushed off the suspect as part of a gig. "It's only a water gun," said one party goer.
However, Derick Lee, who wore a ski mask and bandana across his face, was deadly serious. The 24-year-old, who must have begun to look like the devil, held a gun next to one woman's head and threatened to do some serious damage unless the group surrendered their valuables.
"I'm not joking, I'm going to shoot someone, give me your money," said Lee. To prove he was brandishing a real weapon, he showed the ladies the bullets loaded into his gun.
"When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, 'In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now,'" Hagler told the local television station. And he said, 'I'm going to shoot someone.' And I said it again, real boldly," Hagler continued. "Everybody started chanting, 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus'.
The suspect was have felt like an alien who had just landed on the wrong party, and ran out the door as fast as he could. Derick Lee was arrested during the weekend after he was identified during a police photo lineup.
He is being held on a $200,000 bond. Now it'll be his turn to pray to Jesus in order to work legal miracles and avoid serving jail time.
Note: Subscribe to Top News Examiner
Recent by Marv Dumon
- Oompa Loompas arrested after attacking British man
- Immigration reform is Democrats' ploy to win future elections
- Fla. women scare robber by chanting 'Jesus'
- Study: Women prefer laughter over jewelry and shoes
- McDonald's pays $700,000 to Muslim group
- Survey: 31 percent of grandparents are sexting
- Fla. man who had sex with donkey gets one year probation
- Most Americans disapprove of Obama's first term
- Divorce lawyer disbarred after billing client for sex
- 1996 records: Obama supported banning all guns in Illinois
- Complete list of Obama's 23 executive actions on gun control
- Supreme Court to hear case on Obama's alleged forged documents