It is a lot of fun to take vacation with your kids, but at the same time you know this is going to cost a lot of money. There are still ways that you can do it without breaking the bank. Check out these 5 tips to take a vacation with your children and save money while doing it.
1. Consider driving instead of flying. Yes it is more convenient to fly but look at the price difference. If you are taking several children with you, it will save a lot of money by being able to pay for gas instead of several plane tickets.
2. Take snacks on the road. It can get really expensive to grab snacks at quick shops along the way. Take them with you.
3. Learn to say no to souvenirs. You can tell the kids upfront that they will get 1 thing on the trip or give them a certain amount of money to spend and that is all that they get. You do not need an item from every single place you stop. We love letting the kids have a set amount to spend because they are also smarter about their purchases.
4. Check out buying tickets in advance. You can usually save by buying in advance or online. You can also get free passes to some places if you enter contests, have a military ID or find a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free. Look for these items before you buy your tickets.
5. Travel during the off season. If you can find a way to travel toward the end of summer when other kids are back in school or when you have an odd break you will save a lot of money.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to save some great money on vacation with your children. Saving money will cut down on your stress and help you have a great trip.