We all procrastinate from time to time. We tell ourselves little white lies as to why now today, just is not the right time to get the to do list done. I’m too busy. I’m running late. I’m too stressed. This list can go on and on. It’s important to take a look on the inside to see if there is an emotional reason as to why we are keeping ourselves from success. Many times we fear what would happen if we to get what we truly want. Ask yourself this question. Am I procrastinating because I am afraid of success?
The answer lies deep inside you and only if we are honest with ourselves can we hear the true answer. However, if you’re not ready to dive deep into the subconscious these five tips will get you started now to take action in your life. The most important thing to remember is to take action now and follow these simple steps.
1. Let your imagination take control. Visualize how you would like your life to be. How would it feel to get your to do list done? How will you celebrate all that you have accomplished? Get in touch with the emotions attached to this visualization.
2. List your goals where you can see them. It’s important to write down your goals. Give yourself a deadline to reach your goal and hold yourself accountable.
3. Break it down. If a task seems too big and you start to feel overwhelmed, start by breaking it down into smaller steps.
4. Use your Apps. We live in a world where there is an app for almost everything. Utilize organizational apps to keep track of the tasks at hand. Set up reminders and deadlines that notify you when the approximated time is approaching.
5. Reward. We live in a fast pace world where we can forget to do the small things, like give ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. When you are setting up your goals be sure to think about the reward that you would like for reaching your goal.