Most people are searching for a quick fix to make them lose weight, but the truth is that there is a lot of hard work involved. However, there are a few tips that can help you feel healthier and lose a few pounds.
Here are five tips to help:
- Exercise every day. Twenty minutes of walking every day can help lower bad cholesterol, rise good cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, as well as help manage your weight. According to Mayo Clinic, “Walking is a gentle, low-impact exercise that can ease you into a higher level of fitness and health. Walking is a form of exercise accessible to just about everybody. It's safe, simple and doesn't require practice.”
- Replace high calorie sodas and drinks with green tea. “Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder” according to Harvard Health Publications. Tea drinkers have a reduced risk for heart disease, increases good cholesterol, decreases bad cholesterol, and improved artery function. Some studies have shown that drinking green tea daily can help burn fat, most likely due to the caffeine (WebMD).
- Drink lots of water. You should have a bottle of water with you wherever you go to help you consume more water. If it is always around you are more likely to drink it. Drinking water instead of sodas is not only good for you, but it reduces the number of calories you consume.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. If you don’t eat at least five servings a day, you need to add more salads, fruits, and yummy veggies into your diet. These good for you foods are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. For the best health benefits, you should be eating a colorful assortment—and you don’t need to count calories when it comes to fruits and vegetables because they are good for you.
- Relax and recharge. All of the dieting in the world won’t make you feel better if you are stressed out and not getting enough sleep. Many studies have shown a link between weight gain and not enough sleep. If you aren’t getting a full nights rest you might be sabotaging your best efforts. One reason is that you are more likely to eat some junk food to get that instant sugar rush because you can barely keep your eyes open (WebMD).
This article is a source of information only and should not be considered as a replacement for talking with your doctor about your health. Talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise or weight loss plan (like a diet). This is important if you have any medical conditions. Your health care provider can help you with your weight loss goals and make sure the diet plan you have in mind is a good choice for you.