Do you want to be a happier and healthier you? Of course you do! Sometimes it is difficult to stay on track, so here are five things to remember when you are thinking about derailing.
1. How do you want to feel? Do you notice that you have more energy and you feel good about yourself after a meal loaded with veggies and good fat and that you feel sluggish and tired after a meal of red meat and bread?
2. How does your skin look? How do you want to look in years to come? After a week of lemon water and a healthy diet, I notice that my skin is radiant. When I eat fried foods and sugary starches I notice that my skin is pale and oily. If I can notice a change in just a weeks time, imagine what could happen long term!
3. Are you who you want to be? This might be the most important question of all. When you think of the person that you want to be and the image you want to portray, do you meet the criteria? What will get you there? You decide.
4. Are you happy? This is a deeper question than a simple yes or no in a moment. Are you happy, like really happy, with the way you are living your life? What choices have you made to get to where you are and what do you need to change to accomplish your future goals? This could take time and be revealing. Get ready!
5. And finally, are you doing what you can to be healthy? When you look at your life and routines, balancing a healthy lifestyle and the real world might be trickier than imagined. What small changes can you make to be healthy? What are the long term and short term benefits and disadvantages of your choices. Weigh your options. Be careful what you choose and stick with it!
Yoga with Carli on BlackSwanYoga.tv Channel 19. Online classes anytime, anywhere.